Simple Steps to Replace Paper Feed Roller on Brother Printer
What Is A Paper Feed Roller?
The print roller or otherwise called the paper feed roller is commonly used in printers to pick up print media from the input tray. It has the capability to handle different types of media and therefore is quite an important component in your printer. Like in most printer devices, you can remove and clean them in Brother printers too. They need to be well-maintained in order to avoid constant paper jams and other paper feed issues.
How it Works
They are made of either rubber or some other soft material which would hold and release the paper, accordingly, while it is printing. These rollers also pick the print media from the input tray and release them smoothly to the output tray after completion of the print job.
How to Replace Paper Feed Roller on Brother Printer
This paper feed roller does undergo a lot of wear and tear and may require replacement if you are frequently facing paper jam issues. But before you conclude on a replacement, you must consider cleaning it or troubleshooting it. If these procedures do not yield any positive result for you, then consider replacement as your best option.
There is a total of 6 rollers out of which 4 are situated on the interior of the printer and cannot be replaced without assistance. Besides, you also need support to align and replace the paper feed rollers which are found one each at the input tray and the output tray.
Guidelines for Replacement
Input and Output Tray
- Before you begin this process, you must turn off the device
- This is to avoid any electrical shocks or damages to your printer
- Another word of caution is that you must wait for at least half an hour after you turn off the machine
- Just so good paper feed rollers cool down
- To begin with, remove the paper tray
- This could be either for your input tray or the output tray
- Hold down the shaft
- And then, widen the tab
- This will in turn loosen the feed roller
- Check for damages
- In case you don’t find any, just clean it and reuse the same roller
- Otherwise, replace it
- With the tab, hold the new feed roller
- Align it and then gently push it into its position
- Now, push back the paper tray (input or output) into its original position
Interior of the Printer
- Open the top cover of the Brother printer
- Then, remove the toners and other cartridges
- Push down the shaft first
- And then, widen the tab of the feed roller
- This will loosen it and allow you to remove it from the device
- Gently pull it out with a tug
- Align and place the replacement in the tab
- Re-insert the cartridges and toners
- Close the cover
- Now, check if the roller picks up paper from all the trays and comes out unscathed