Connect Brother Printer to Wi-Fi Network
Brother printers are popular for their new design and they deliver superb-quality prints at the faster rate. These printers offer lower power consumption and come in the affordable price range. Continue reading to get to know how to connect Brother Printer to Wi-fi Network without using the installation CD that is available with the Printer package.
Initial requisite for the wireless setting Configuration
Before getting involved in the wireless network configuration you need to know few of the Network settings regarding the WLAN access point or the Router used for the Network connection.
- Identify and make a note of the current wireless network settings like Network Name that includes the SSID and ESSID along with the Network Password.
- Brother printer machine is also compatible with the WEP Key, in caseyou plan to utilize the router then you need to enter the WEP Key.
- Identify the Network credentials like Network name and password by checking the wireless LAN access point or else their manuals documents.
Configure the wireless settings
Below are the steps involved in configuring the wireless settings using the Printers Control Panel.
- Choose the Menu option and then select the Network option by using the arrow key and then press OK.
- Then choose the WLAN, and then select the Setup Wizard and then the Ok button.
- The wireless network setup dialog box will appear, once the Wireless Network option is turned on.
- The Brother Printer will now try to locate the network and choose from the available Network (SSIDs) from the display.
- In case you use an encryption method, enter the Network credentials like WEP key and press OK to apply the settings.
- Else in case you have an Open System and does not have an encryption mode, continue further.
For Brother Printer that comes with built-in Touchscreen Control Panel
- Power up your Brother machine and then select the Settings option.
- Choose the Network option from the setting menu, then the WLAN and Setup Wizard prompts.
- You can Switch Network interface to wireless, by pressing Yes option this opens the wireless setup wizard.
- Now the Printer, will similarly for the available network and display the list of SSIDs.
- You can now choose the required SSID from the display.
- Then enter the Network password and Press OK.
- As we did earlier, if you use an encryption method, enter the Network credentials like WEP key and press OK to apply the settings.
- For Open System, there is no credentials, hence you can continue further by just bypassing the WEP key entering procedures.
- Now the Brother Printer will automatically connect with the Router and the preferred wireless device you select.
- You can see the Connected Notification on the Printers LCD display unit. Now you can print using the Brother Printer wirelessly.
Furthermore, for any assistance on connecting the Brother Printer to Wireless Network, call us @ +1-877-853-1410. Or else for Procedures on Brother Printer configuration or for any troubleshooting tips on Brother Printer, common issues, visit Brother printer support.